A couple of days ago Doug was holding William so that he was sitting up. My brother walked up to them from the side and said, "there's my little nephew," as he touched Williams arm. William turned his head to the side and looked up at his uncle James. He then smiled the biggest best smile I have seen him give yet. It was so amazing to me to see how deliberate and intentional his motions were. It wasn't accidental or coincidental in any way.
I love how when he smiles his eyes smile too. His eyelids curve almost as much as his mouth does. And those eyes are so blue. Sigh, I melt when I look at either one of them.
Levi has been cooing for the last couple weeks but yesterday William finally started to find his voice. There were a few instances were he had a short little coo escape from his cute little body. So sweet. I look forward to hearing it more frequently. He has been smiling a bit more too. He is also becoming somewhat aware of his hands.
They have been growing like weeds. I don't know how much they weigh or what there length is but I bet they are close to 9 pounds. They've already outgrown some clothes. William is starting to have longer stretches of sleep on some nights. I can't wait for that to be a regular occurrence :) Levi needs to catch up on that idea.
Since we have been staying at my Mom's house I have been getting another set of hands to help out. My Dad has been coming over nearly every day to hold one of the boys. Usually he is holding William. William has been somewhat of a fussy boy and my Dad has enjoyed the challenge of getting him calm and sleepy. It's nice to have the extra help so I can get some normal things done like laundry and eating. It is especially helpful on the days when both Doug and my Mom are working. I get a little panicky when I have two screaming boys and only one set of hands.
Monday night I introduced the boys to the people in my Mom's courtyard. Each month the residents in her courtyard of the condo association get together for dinner. They do potlucks in the summer. It's a nice way for everyone to stay in touch. The boys were the hit of the evening. There were so many grandmas out there wanting a chance to hold them so I got to enjoy a break from holding them while I had dinner. We were outside for a little more than an hour and I could tell the heat was starting to get to them. Once we got back inside I fed them but it was not a happy evening. They were crying and not feeling well from the heat. They eventually got baths in and I think it helped them to get tired out a bit. I feel so bad when they get overheated. We have been keeping the air conditioning on every day even when it seems like a "nice" day outside. Even though it may feel nice to us at 75 degrees I know it is too much for them. The humidity can be way to much for them. So I sit in the house with my sweater and socks on and I'm okay with that as long as they are comfortable.
No comments:
Post a Comment