Monday, May 7, 2012

We're Number One!

So it was the boys first birthday and I wanted to celebrate it big.  Never-mind the fact that they will have no memory of it.  It didn't matter.  It was more for me than them anyway. 
I spent a lot of time over the last few weeks getting all of the decorations made and I enjoyed it.  I wouldn't have gotten it all done if it wasn't for my mother-in-law.  She came out a week early and spent a lot of time entertaining the boys so I could work without little hands trying to help me every second. 

My theme was argyle.  I cut diamonds from tablecloths and draped them over the tables.  I made pennant style signs.  I figure the Happy Birthday sign can be used over and over.  Make it a tradition that they look forward to each year.  The sign below is hard to see but I made that one all argyle.
I really liked all of the bright colors.  It was so festive.  My parents were in charge of the food.  Thank goodness.  I certainly didn't want to think about that.  G'pa Doug and G'ma Heidi brought their famous pasta salad and potato salad.  Yum!
My mom made the piggy banks.  They have got to be the cutest piggies EVER!  I just adore them.  Their tummies are feeling a tad full from all of the coins they swallowed.  :)
The cards on the table were made by their Great G'ma, Elaine Hickey.  They were so nicely made that I couldn't resist putting them on the table.
Ah! Here are the birthday boys.  They arrived on the scene napping.  They weren't too happy about being in a strange place with a lot of people when they woke up.  May I quantify that as a surprise party?
I know you can't see it very well but I made the t-shirts to match their socks.  Yes, that's right, argyle!  And they are under the wrong names here in this picture.

"This is some good grub."

Thank you to G'ma Deborah and G'pa Joseph for getting all of the balloons put up.  Can't have a kids birthday party without balloons.
Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with us.  I had a wonderful time!

Ahhhhh!  Cake!  Instead of a big cake we had cupcakes.  The boys each ate a whole one.  Lil' piggies.
Finally switched the chairs so they were under the correct name.
After the party the boys went home and straight to bed for their afternoon nap.  And they napped all right.  Levi slept to almost five and then I woke William up shortly after.
We then had leftovers for supper.  They probably would have appreciated something else but they ate it anyway.
Then they started getting cranky and went to bed early.   Still a tad exhausted from the day.
The End.
I love my boys!

1 comment:

  1. How creative you are Molly in all your decorations! I love what you did and it looks so festive. I'm hiring you next time I need something decorated. I can't do the inside of a cardboard box. Judging from the few crumbs left on the high chair trays, I'd say the boys enjoyed their birthday cake. Can't believe how big your guys are getting! It was so good to see you all again last week.

    ReplyDelete