For the last week or so William has been getting up on his knees and now he is rocking somewhat. I thought Levi would be the first to crawl because he has been so mobile by rolling everywhere. But, now I am thinking it will be William to be first. William has been much more mobile this week. He used to stay in a small area but he suddenly began traveling a lot more. His travels have allowed him to discover the cupboard doors on the tv stand and the canvas bins under the changing table. The world around him has just grown larger.
Levi hasn't even entertained the notion of getting up onto his knees. Maybe he will skip the crawling and go right to walking. Hey, it has been known to happen. Actually he is very happy rolling everywhere. He knows where he wants to go and he does get there.
Levi is so content to play on his own. He talks to himself and the toys. He "works hard" at whatever toy is at hand. Maybe he will be a little mechanic. Those little fingers of his know how to maneuver things, especially his pacifier. Getting that pacifier in his mouth is like second nature to him. Heck, he can do it with his eyes closed and barely awake. I think he would be lost without it.
William doesn't seem to have as much control as Levi has shown. I'm not sure how to exactly explain it but he likes to do things with his hands without fully realizing he is doing it. He grabs at things, pinches, pulls, hits or attacks (in a playful way) but sometimes he isn't fully aware of what he is doing. It is like he is reacting without knowing it. It is funny but sometimes it isn't and that is usually when he is tired.
I can't get over how big these boys are. They are three times their size at birth. I must say that I absolutely love this age. They are so much fun. And their learning curve is amazing. It seems as though they learn a new thing overnight and then they act like they have always been able to do it.
Well tomorrow is their first Thanksgiving celebration. I know my top two things to be thankful for are my precious boys. I can't imagine not having them. I can't imagine having only one of them. They make me a whole person. The mommy void has been filled.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. May there be Shalom in your home tomorrow. Tell me what you are thankful for this year. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment