Sunday, February 12, 2012

Time flies when you're....

So what has happened in the last month?  Let's see.....

William got a fourth tooth a couple of weeks ago.  It's so sweet to see him smile with those pearls gleaming back at me.  Levi still has none.  Those bumps I mentioned before have stopped growing.  Thankfully his discomfort and runny nose are gone too.  At this rate I'll be surprised if he has any by the time he turns one.  Sigh.

Levi started to crawl "normally" about a week ago.  My mom was asking me if I ever thought Levi would start to crawl on his hands and knees.  I said that I doubted it.  He was so good at the army crawl that he probably didn't want to change.  I guessed he would go straight to walking from there.  So of course the next day as I was watching him he got on his hands and knees and started crawling very slowly.  Such a stinker.  He has been at it ever since.  Now he whips around the floor as fast as William.  

And boy are they fast.  I have to race them around sometimes.  If I see the bathroom door was left open it's an all out race between me and William to see who gets there first.  I don't always win.

They like to climb on anything.  And in typical toddler fashion, they make a mess wherever they go.  Toys, toys everywhere.  Levi likes to pull all of the diapers off of the shelf.  I let him do it.  There are far too many other things I have to say "no" to.  I figure it doesn't do any harm and it is easy enough to pick up.

Speaking of saying "no!"  The VCR/DVD player is just within reach of their little hands.  I was trying to teach them to not touch it.  For a while there I was making progress with William.  He became aware of what "no" meant.  He would stop and think about it and often times go do something else.  Levi on the other hand thought that it was a game.  He would smile or laugh when I said no.  In fact he wanted me to come over and take his hand off of it.  I guess he thought it was a way of getting my attention.  I noticed that he would go over to it, scratch at it with his fingers and then turn his head to look me in the eyes with a impish little grin on his face.  Game on.  Change tactics.  I decided to pretend I didn't see him.  I didn't want him to think it was okay to now play with it so I stopped noticing.  I would not look at him when he was messing around with it.  It didn't take long for him to give up on it.  They still mess with it occasionally but it doesn't last long before they are distracted by another toy.  Babies 0, Mommy 1.

We have been baby proofing for a few months now.  You would think you can just spend a day doing it and then be done.  Not a chance.  They always find something else that needs to be dealt with.  The other day Levi knocked the floor lamp over for the last time.  It's toast.  Oh well.  I didn't like that particular lamp anyway and I have been meaning to replace it.  Now I get to go shopping for one that I can attach to the wall.  Unfortunately it is difficult to find any in the stores.  Everything goes on a table or on the floor.

The one thing that I really need to protect is my computer.  That would not be cheap to replace.  But the boys want there paws all over any kind of technology.  Especially William.  Phones, computers, remotes.  Anything.  At times I let William have my phone until he starts banging it around.  Then when I take it from him he cries bloody murder because he is so mad.  Temper, temper.  

Thursday Levi started to wave.  Perhaps it was an accident at first.  I think he wanted me to hand him a toy that I was holding onto.  Instead of reaching out for it he was shaking his hand.  I started praising him and waving back.  He did it again.  More praise.  Now it is a frequent occurrence.  So cute.

Of course I have a first birthday party to plan soon.  I know they won't remember anything but it's a huge deal to me so I'm splurging.  All of you creative minds out there can send me ideas please.  Anyone have a recipe for a yummy sugar free or low sugar cake?  

No comments:

Post a Comment