Friday, August 5, 2011

Wily William

William learned a new trick yesterday.  He can purse his lips together, stick the lower lip out some and then he makes spurting sounds.  He's practically spraying slobber everywhere when he does it too.  Then today he improved on that trick while we were all sitting at the dinner table.  He can suck his upper lip in and hold it there for a while.  We were all cracking up over it.  Who needs tv when you have children.  They are way more entertaining.

William has been so vocal the last couple of days prior to going to bed.  He gets so loud and moves around so much that it is hard to hold onto him.  He practically yells in your face like an angry referee.  I have to let him get it all out before he finally crashes and then he will sleep for several hours into the night.  Silly little boy.

Great Grandma Hickey bought the boys a couple of light blue, super soft and fuzzy bunny rattles when we found out we were having boys.  The last few weeks they have been able to really enjoy them.  But I think William likes them the most.  When he sees one coming at him he gets excited.  His limbs starting moving and he gets an open mouthed grin.  When I lay it on his chest or legs he grabs onto it right away and pulls it up to his mouth and starts going to town.  He loves the feel of it on his face.  I can see the wheels cranking in his brain when he is grabbing at it.  The only other thing he gets as much joy playing with is a burp cloth.

One great thing about William is that he does really well sleeping at night.  He typically gets up only once to eat and then occasionally he sleeps through the night.  Unfortunately he makes up for lost time during the day.  Naps are something he tries to deny being a part of his vocabulary.  His little naps are five to twenty minutes long.  He will sleep longer but only if, and I repeat ONLY if someone is holding him.  If you lay him down so you can get some work done he will only sleep a few minutes because then he will realize that he is not being held and then the yelling begins.  Oiy!  I love that kid but man I can't get much done.  What saves me from getting upset with him is that he is so stinkin' funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment