Sunday, December 11, 2011

Movers and Shakers

Levi is my mover but he is usually good about staying nearby.  Occasionally he would roll into the hallway but he likes to stick around where the people are.  However, the last couple of days he has rolled through the hallway and gone to the bedroom as well as toward the dining room.  Perhaps he will be my little explorer.

William is ready to take off too.  I hope the gates I ordered get here soon.  William has started creeping.  He is almost to a crawl but not quite.  A week from this past thursday he made his first movement forward.  He figured out to move his hands forward and slowly started to figure out how to use his knees.  Now he pulls with his hands and pushes with his feet and he has gotten quite good.  Now he moving quite fast.  He is almost able to keep up with Levi.

This last Wednesday Levi was rolling around on the floor as usual and I was just watching him.  There was a toy ahead of him that was too far out of reach.  He wanted it.  So he put his arms forward and pulled with his hands and pushed with his feet.  There he was.  Close enough to grab the toy and put it in his mouth.  There was no struggle or trying to figure out how to get at the toy.  He just did it as though he has always been able to do it.  Well, since then he has been pulling himself forward more often but he still rolls most places.

My Mom noticed that Levi has been moving to the sounds of music or someone singing.  I have kept an eye on him and sure enough.  It has happened way to often for it to be a coincidence.  When she sings to him he will sway back and forth.  Again he does it when he plays with a musical toy, hears a song on tv or coming from my computer.  I love it.  Maybe he will be a musician.

Grandma Heidi asked me to pick out some things for the boys and while I was looking I found a little piano.  On a whim I decided that would be fun for the boys.  The more I watch Levi bee-bopping to music the more excited I get about that little piano.  Can't wait!  Actually it has me looking at other musical instruments.  I found a little guitar and a little drum set.  Maybe the boys could start a band.  Hee hee.  Unfortunately I don't know the first thing about music.  I suppose I should start learning so I can teach them.

Levi shows interest in so many things that it is easy to imagine him in so many roles.  Musician, park ranger, explorer, mechanic.  He loves to tinker and to use his fingers for little tasks.  He could be anything.  I have a harder time imagining with William.  Not that I don't think he would be good at anything.  It is just too early for me to see signs of his interests.  So far the one thing he shows a lot of interest in is computers, cell phones and remote controls.  Perhaps he should be a techie.  When I have my laptop open and he is in a position to see the screen there is nothing but complete determination to get to the computer.  I'm going to have to lock it up at some point so that he doesn't destroy it.  Maybe he will take over Papa's business someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment