So this morning we had an exciting episode. If I can call it that.
As I was eating my breakfast with Levi begging at my side I thought to myself, "William must be preoccupied with something because he is being very quiet. He can't be doing anything too bad because there really isn't anything in the living room that he could create much damage to."
While this was an accurate statement but I was wrong about where he was.
I was almost done eating and I told Levi to, "go get brother, see what he is doing." So off he went. I finished up my last couple of bites, put the dish on the counter and then went to investigate what William was so preoccupied with.
As I walked into the room I immediately noticed that neither one of them were in the room. Heart skips a beat here. Then through the curtain I can see they are out on the patio. The screen door was wide open. I ran across the room and lept through that door so fast. They were just out there doing their thing, playing. I was so grateful that we have been using a gate to block the steps to the sidewalk when we take them out to play. It was still in place which prevented them from wandering out into the parking lot or worse into the street. I feel like a huge crisis was avoided and I cannot count my blessings fast enough.
Since my heart was coming back to a normal beat knowing the boys were fine I started getting them back into the house. Unfortunately I was all too aware that with a wide open door I would be missing at least one cat.
So I disrupted Grandma from getting ready for the day so she could keep an eye on the boys while I went on a journey to locate a cat or two. It took several minutes to locate Humphrey. I could hear him calling but it was hard to tell where it was coming from. Finally I found him in the carports. Makes sense why I couldn't figure out where he was because the acoustics in there was throwing his voice. I of course had to chase him before catching him. When I brought him back to the house I was glad to know that Bogart did not take advantage of the open door when he had the chance. He was lounging on the floor.
So this was how we discovered that William could open the screen door. We usually keep it latched shut just so this won't happen but I guess we missed it this time. Not going to happen again! Seriously child, do you enjoy making your mother panic?
Now that he knows how to open the sliding door I have been seeing him try to pull on even the glass slider. He is not strong enough to open that one...yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment