Friday, July 27, 2012

Today is thankfully gone, tomorrow a new day will dawn.

It was a terrible day in paradise
Little boys not playing nice
Shoving and stealing
Crowing and squealing
Crying and screaming
I wish I were only dreaming
Levi stealing from brother
And then off to hide from Mother
To Grandfathers house he went
So no new mischief he could invent
William started the day with a cranky bang
It wasn't until evening when I saw his new fang
Yes, eleven teeth on my sweet boy
It makes for a whiter, brighter smile of joy
I took him shopping to buy a new hat
Thankfully we didn't fall flat
We planned to get two but ended up with four
Thank goodness I didn't buy more
Then back home for lunch
To crunch and to munch
Brother returned after dinner
Naughtiness already on simmer
Back to Levi's antics
and making William frantic
Mama wanting to cry
But finally it was "nigh-nigh"
Levi fell asleep quick
But for William it didn't stick
He squeaked in an extra hour of play
Before Mama made him go to bed and stay
Let this be a good night
And tomorrow be without a fight

No comments:

Post a Comment